Multi Unit Residential Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
Are you a property manager, HOA member or a maintenance supervisor in need of a professional dryer vent cleaning company to service your property? If so, you came to the right place. We have the experience and the equipment to ensure that your residents will have a safe and efficient dryer vent. When you work with Urbana Dryer Vent Cleaning, this is what you get:
- Safety. Safety always comes first and we take it very seriously. Whenever we are doing anything with a higher than normal risk we perform pre job safety briefings. Our technicians are aware of what can go wrong and how to minimize those risks to ourselves and to others. We have a perfect safety record!
- Professionalism. Our technicians are experienced and they are courteous. We take care to treat a resdient’s home as if it were our own. Our technicians have many years of experience and we compensate them at substantially higher rates than our competitors. We attract only the best technicians and we value them. They are professionals.
- Crafstmanship. We take pride in our work and beileve that we are the best at what we do. We understand dryers and dryer vents and we know what to look for, even if it isn’t obvious. We never say a job is finished when it isn’t, and we always leave things better than we found them. If a repair or a modification is needed we will either take care of it on the spot or we will let you know about it. We only use the best products in the industry and we always ensure that everything is code compliant.
- Integrity. If there is ever an issue with anything we’ve done, we will address it promptly. We take ownership of anything we touch and guarantee that the job will be done to the highest standard. Our reputation means everything to us.
- Versatility. We have the experience and the capability to work on roofs, on 40 foot ladders, in crawlspaces, and on man lifts. We can clean and repair dryers, clean large vertical combined exhaust headers, repair vents, install or relocate vents, install new vent covers, remove bird nests, install bird guards etc.
- No nonsense Pricing. We will provide you with a competetive quote and we will honor it. We do not bid low to get a job and then cut corners to get it done quickly. We are transparent and our proposals are detailed. You will know exactly what you are getting.
Dryer Vent Cleaning for Apartment and Condominium Complexes
There are multiple ways to approach dryer vent cleaning for multi unit apartment complexes and condominium complexes. Typically the job is contracted to either do the cleaning from the outside only or from the inside.
Dryer Vent Cleaning from the Outside Only
- Cleaning is via mechanical brush and reverse flowing compressed air. Lint is blown to the outside and collected in a vacuum
- The vent is cleaned from the exhaust cover to around the 90 degree bend that leads down or up in the wall that goes to the dryer
- Faster and cheaper than cleaning from inside the unit
- Great option to save money in between inside cleanings
- Does not adequately ensure low risk from fires
- Recommended only if it has been done from the inside within the past 2 years
While this option is cheaper because it takes less time, it is not a thorough cleaning and it does not eliminate or adequately reduce the risk of dryer vent fires. Because we are using compressed air, we must be careful not to go too far and damage or disconnect the transition duct (from the dryer to the wall). Typically this is where the most lint accumulates. This is also where the fire hazard is! Fires are typically started when a transition duct is leaking lint behind the dryer. This could be because of a poor connection or a hole in the duct. The lint that leaks out gets sucked into the air intake vents behind the dryer and accumulates on and around the heater element where it can ignite. If we do not go inside the unit, we cannot inspect the transition duct to ensure that is not damaged or improperly installed. Also, because we can actually create a fire hazard if we accidentally hit the transition duct with compressed we will not go all the way to the transition duct. We are therefore conservative in our approach when working from the outside only. We will not go much farther than the elbow that turns towards the dryer. At a minimum, we recommend asking residents to report if they see an unusal amount of lint behind the dryer. We can always check for problems on those units at least.
Dryer Vent Cleaning from Inside the Unit
- Cleaning is via mechanical brush and vacuum/blower. The dryer is disconnected and pulled out. The entire vent is cleaned from the inside to the vent cover outside. The transition duct is cleaned or replaced as needed. The floor and general area are vaccuumed up and the dryer is hooked back up with a secure and airtight transition duct
- More expensive than cleaning from the outside but much more thorough
- Harder to coordinate with residents if they must be home
- Greatly reduces the risk of fire compared to cleaning from just the outside
- We can identify dryers that have been absorbing leaking lint and are at greater risk of fire. We can disassemble and clean these dryers if desired
- If we are in the unit we can offer residents additional services such as dryer cleaning and repair, water hose replacements, switching the door direction on the dryer, balancing washer and dryer, getting the machines closer to wall, cleaning behind the washer dryer etc
Requesting a Proposal
Please submit your request in the form below. Provide whatever information you feel is relevant and we will contact you to further discuss options and pricing. We look forward to serving you!